CARD SPORTS LEAGUE GUIDELINES
These guidelines apply for all teams competing at the Card Sports League and all thereby occurring matches. The Card Sports League reserves its right to change, amend or adjust regulations at any given time. In addition to these regulations the official Yu-Gi-Oh! duel rulebook and Konami Tournament Guidelines apply.
§1. Condition of Participation
Each team, that plans to participate at Card Sports League competitions, needs to fulfill the following criteria:
- Each team's player roster needs to consist of min. 3 members. A team's player roster may consist of up to 15 members eligible to compete at the league. This maximum is considered independent of further members within the team's organization, including administrative staff or further players non-eligible to compete at the league.
- Each team needs to establish at least one existing online presence or social media account, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Youtube, Instagram, Snapchat and / or websites.
- Each team needs to provide a team name, and a team logo to the Card Sports League. The teams are thereby responsible to following international copy right and trademark regulations.
- Each team needs to appoint a main contact person, and a person on stand-by, in case the main contact person is not available. The main and / or stand-by person may be a non-eligible or eligible player, the team's captain, the organization's Chief Executive Office or additional administrative staff non-eligible to compete within the league.
- An organization may register two teams under the same brand for Card Sports League competitions. Both teams need to have a distinguishable name and need to be promoted distinctively on the organization's social media channels. It is not required to establish separate social media channels for each team.
If the listed criteria are met, each team can apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Team name and country of origin or head quarters
- Team logo in .png format
- Eligible Player Roster including full names, nationalities and respective Cossy IDs
- Pictures of each player
- Top Cut Success History of each player for all events listed in §2
- Links to the team's online presence / social media accounts
- Main and stand-by contact person's name, e-mail address and phone number
The Card Sports League will use the data in accordance with its data privacy statement. Application deadline for summer season is the 13.01.2020. Applications after that date may become eligible for the winter season. Applications for the winter season close 13.07.2020.
§2. YGO League
YGO League is a ranking list competition composed of all competing teams, who collect so-called ranking points according to their player's individual performance at Yu-Gi-Oh! tournaments (see list below). The ranking points each teams earns may vary depending on the individual performance of the team's eligible players. The points per team will be attributed following a best-limit-finish procedure. The best-limit-finish for the YGO League is three. This means that only the points of the three best performing players of each team will be aggregated for the team's final score. At the end of each season, the team with the highest score wins the YGO League. Each year is split into two seasons; a summer (27.01.-13.07.) and a winter season (01.08.-31.12.). After each season the scores of all teams will be set back to 0.
Each player may earn the following points for his / her team depending on his / her top cut performance (only top cut - not standings after swiss) at the following events. Players competing in Dragon Duel competitions will be receiving 50% of the respective adult competition points.
|Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship||39||36||33||30||27|
|Yu-Gi-Oh! WCQ: European Championship||65||60||55||50||45||40||35||30|
|Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series||52||48||44||40||36||32||28||24|
|Yu-Gi-Oh! Cardmarket Series||24||22||20||18||16||14|
|Yu-Gi-Oh! WCQ: National Championship Tier 1||39||36||33||30||27||24||21||18|
|Yu-Gi-Oh! WCQ: National Championship <Tier 1||24||22||20||18||16||14|
|Yu-Gi-Oh! [Country] Open||24||22||20||18||16|
|Yu-Gi-Oh! LLDS Final||24||22||20||18||16|
§3. Player Additions & Transfers
During a season a player may not join or switch teams, who are participating at Card Sport League competitions. Teams who seek to transfer, switch or add new players, or players who seek to join or switch teams can do so during the transfer periods; 01.07.2020-01.08.2020 (summer season) and 27.01.2020-07.02.2020 (winter season).
If a player leaves a team during a running season, that team may still attribute the player's performance points for the full remaining season. If the disbandment of a player causes a team to drop below the minimum threshold of three players per team, that team can still compete at the YGO League.
If a team adds a new player during a season, that player is non-eligible to earn points for two full seasons, if the player was part of another team competing at the YGO League during the running season. If teams add free agents (players without a team), players from teams not competing at the YGO League, or players that have been actively removed from their team, which competes at the YGO League, that players is non-eligible to earn points for the running season only. If a team actively removes a player from their roster during a running season, that team loses all points the player accumulates during the whole respective season.
Any changes to the player roster need to be communicated within 5 working days to the Card Sports League via e-mail to email@example.com. Failing to communicate changes to the roster in time, may lead to non-eligibility to earn points for two full seasons for the involved players.
§4. Suspended Players
All players suspended from KONAMI are automatically excluded to participate at Card Sports League competitions for the period of suspension. If a player gets suspended during a running season, the team may only replace the player during the transfer period. In addition, the team may not attribute the suspended player's previously earned points to their team's score. If a player's suspension causes a team to drop below the minimum threshold of three players per team, the team will be excluded from any competition for the remaining season. The team can then re-apply for the following season. The Card Sports League reserves its right to exclude players and thereby occurring matches.
§5. Prize Pool
The winning team of the YGO League receive a 250€ cardmarket voucher.
A team may change its name and / or ownership during season after consulting with the CSL support team.
Declaration of Consent
If a team and its players want to participate at Card Sports League competitions it needs to fulfill the criteria listed in §1 and following the rules lined out in §2, §3, and §4. The Card Sports League reserves it right to exclude teams, not following these rules, from its competition or further participation at other events.